RSS

Guitar!

January 30, 2009

I found a couple of other blogs about people and their trek to learn the guitar. I thought that it may be helpful for me to keep motivated for practice if I put up a little something here from time to time. This is the first one, I know it kind of sucks, but I will hopefully improve as I do some more of them.

 

The video is basically just an finger exercise I thought is pretty good for improving your fret hand accuracy and dexterity especially for the all important pinky finger (4th). Usually your 3rd finger, at least in my experience, gets a pretty good workout but lately I've found my 4th finger lagging behind in skill. The following is a good way to improve accuracy with your 4th finger especially as you move this exercise to thinner strings.

 

 

Here is the tab to go along with the exercise.

Any String (6th and 1st used in the song)
|-0-5-8-0-5-8-0-5-8-0-5-8-0-5-8-|-0-5-8-0-5-8-0-5-8-0-5-8-|-0-5-7-0-5-7-0-5-7-0-5-7-|-0-4-7-0-4-7-0----------|

Remember these are tripelets and the 5 and the 4 respectively fall on each of the 4 beats of each measure.

0 comments: